Sunday, January 8, 2012

A New Year

I had really wanted to write this before the new year, but am greatful that I didn't because I have had quite the experiencs in the short 7 days of 2012. First, last year (2011) was a year of growing for me. I learned a lot about myself, both strengths and weeknesses. I learned I have a really big heart and a lot of love to share. Starting my masters degree in social work, while at many times was very stressful, has been one of the best things I could have ever done. Between going to classes and learning and being an intern at the jail, I know I am in right field. Being able to come out of somewhere and just know that you have chosen the right field is an amazing experience.
Life was up and down throughout this past year. I had some experiences that were AMAZING and then some not so much. If anything, I learned to not be afraid and to open up my heart and be honest. I now try to be more honest with individuals about how I am feeling. I use to hold everything in in the past for fear of causing contention or ill feelings. While I am still careful, I also have to recognize my own personal feelings. While sharing my thoughts and feelings was scary and sometimes the end result is not what I had hoped for, I am so greatful I did!!!!! If any of you are one of those people who keep everything in and don't ever tell anyone what you are truly feeling I challenge you to do this. I hope you can feel as free as I did.
This year has already brought interesting experiences..... While I can't say they have been the greatest, I can say that I learn each and everyday. I am still gonna say 2012 is going to be my year, even if I have to make it my year. I'm gonna love the life I live everyday. I am greatful for the knowledge I have gained and can't wait to see what this new year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.